Columbia Mission Station
2401 Main Street,
Columbia, SC 29201
Director: Pastor Sylvia Mickens
About Christ Central Ministries Columbia
Christ Central Columbia, became the very first building of Christ Central Ministries in September 1997. Today this location is still meeting needs, beginning with basics such as food, clothing, and prayer, and then assisting individuals in improving their lives and the lives of their families.
• Soup Kitchen Sundays through Thursdays
• Emergency Food Pantry Wednesdays 9 to 11.
• Clothing for men, women, and children
• Foot Care Ministry on Tuesdays
• Pampering Love Ministry providing diapers, etc
• Men’s and Women’s Bible studies
• Supervision for community service hours
• Training for Experience Works
• Assistance with Benefit Bank applications
• Assistance with birth certificate and ID fees
• Referrals for Medical Care, Health Education
• Referrals for Women’s Classes, Recovery, and GED Assistance
To volunteer at Christ Central Columbia, please click on “CONTACT” at the top of the website and let us know of your interests. There are many opportunities for those willing to:
• Clean and/or maintain the building.
• Help with food preparation and cooking.
• Be a Kitchen Coordinator able to pass Safe/Serv(R) and DHEC requirements.
• Coordinate volunteers.
• Coordinate and help manage the clothing room.
• Serve as a receptionist.
Donations: Click on “DONATE” at the top of the page and designate to “Columbia” under Mission Stations.
We will put financial donations and gift cards to good use and always need goods such as:
• No. 10 cans of vegetables
• Seasonally appropriate clothing and underwear for men or women
• Hygiene products, diapers, and wipes
• Sporks, paper napkins, plates, bowls, and 55 gallon trash bags
And right now we have special needs for a floor buffer, an updated phone system, and updated computers.