A National Pilot Project
- Positioned to serve the state of South Carolina.
- More than 1200 acres of pristine land with a fifty acre lake and a smaller lake.
- Capacity expansion possible for generations to come.
- Less than fifteen miles from Columbia, SC.
- Near many employment opportunities.
- Development has begun!
Mission Lake is the result of years of intensive study and collaboration around the challenge of poverty facing the state of South Carolina. It is a community-based response that is not dependent upon unsustainable local, state and federal sources of funding and is designed to be a key component of a sustainable, scalable, respectful, and accountable system for responding to needs.
Resource & Solution Centers will connect approximately 90% of individuals in need directly to the appropriate service, training, or care. However, for approximately 10% of those in need, there currently are no available resources beyond the streets of South Carolina. Mission Lake will ensure that there is always a resource to respond to every need so that none who seek help will be left without a path forward.
The coupling of Mission Lake with the Resource & Solution Centers will ensure:
1) That every person who is in need can receive assistance to move them toward a goal;
2) That each person will receive transportation directly to the program or resource that moves them towards their goal;
3) That all existing service providers will be efficiently utilized within the existing service network so that no capacity is ever wasted;
4) That any person who fails in an existing program, rather than returning to the streets, can be connected to a resource to continue their progress.